Monday, September 3, 2018

Looking back to some older posts....


The following posts are from my old blog and several years old.  I was still working at the time... 

(I have been busy preparing to move house and we are almost there.... so forgive the blasts from the past....)



Monday, June 13, 2011, 8:06:43 PM | Go to full article
So… it’s been over a year since I’ve been here, but no worries, I don’t think anyone has noticed… it’s just like all the times I talk to myself or the dead body I’m working on because there is no one else there to listen… I just think it is important to purge it whenever I can. First of all I’m back on days for the first time in years. It’s good and it’s bad at the same time. It’s good in the fact that I work almost the same days as my husband and in theory we should get home at about the same time but that doesn’t always work out. The bad of it is its summer and it’s hot and humid and I don’t do the heat very well… especially if I’m standing in the desert in the sun for hours… then there is the fact that most of the supervision works during the day. Not that I don’t do my job sufficiently, but sometimes I just want to say BACK OFF AND LET ME DO MY DANG JOB! Especially because there is many of them and NONE of them agree on anything.   
 
The last couple of months have been very busy… and some of the cases have really sucked. I don’t have the best relationship with my family, parents, kids, etc but I DO NOT understand how people let their loved ones starve, or lie in their own urine and excrement until they get a bedsore to the bone, or hurt a newborn baby because you are mad at its other parent… WHO DOES THAT? Today I watched a video of an orangutan gently helping a baby bird but we can’t trust adults with their elders and their children… some days I can barely get out of bed knowing what I have to face at work… today a woman sent me an email of her loved one’s eulogy, complete with photos of him. It’s so much easier to do my job when I don’t think too much about their lives because I feel so bad for the friends and family left behind. This is the part they don’t show on all the popular forensic shows… but this isn’t very entertaining…

Well enough of this bummer babble….





ANOTHER OLD POST

Monday, June 13, 2011, 8:09:18 PM |
I love my iPod!!! – let me clarify… I listen to music A LOT… but I also have podiobooks and podcasts on there that are great when I am driving back and forth to work. I started out with the old radio shows from the 40’s – 70’s and a couple months ago discovered Mike Bennett’s podcasts. Definitely not for the prudish or faint of heart but entertaining! I first listened to “Hall of Mirrors”, then found “Underwood and Flinch” but when I got caught up and was waiting for the next episode I started listening to “One Among the Sleepless”… definitely quite the story – or should I say stories since it is about multiple characters… and now I am back to anticipating the next episode of U&F!!!! So if anyone is actually reading this and wants something interesting to listen to – check out http://www.mikebennettpodcast.com/ for yourself!! 


I used to look forward to my drive home, not just because I was going home, but because I enjoyed listening to a story. It was such a nice way to unwind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment